Friday, September 18, 2009

Fall day at the cabin

Sorry I haven't updated for three weeks. Mama said that I really needed to get serious with school work, now that it is September. This year I'm in the fifth grade, and I'm home schooled. I have three big reports this year, a science report (I'm going to research geology), a state report, and an animal report. All are very big tasks!

But yesterday I didn't study too much because I went to the cabin instead! It was such a pretty day there, the sky was deep blue and all the underbrush was changing to yellow and red already. Can you believe it? It is already fall!

After lunch I decided to take a walk and look for all the signs of fall.

Isn't it amazing that in the mountains the leaves have already started to change?
It is a perfect day, no clouds in sight!
Isn't this plant pretty? It is turning red.
I walk down to the pond to look for frogs, but it seems like they've already left.
But there are a lot of water skeeters!
This flower is called "Bread and butter", isn't that the neatest name?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's been really cold here, and the leaves are starting to change, too. Soon I bet there will be enough to make piles to jump into!

You are lucky; you get to do a geology report! That is one of my favorite subjects. :-)

Anonymous said...

Hehe to the bread and butter plant! It is very pritty here too and I am starting school,I LOVE IT! Why do they call the plant bread and butter? Also,I love your earrings! Where did you get them? I can't wait for fall,can you? Mia

Sophie Amélie said...

Taking walks in the autumn is one of my favorite things to do! You're so lucky to have a cabin and its surrounding land to explore!

Hehe, "bread and butter" is a funny name for a plant...

-Sophie

Hot Hot JJ said...

I don't know why they call it Bread and Butter, but I love it! My new earrings are from American Girl! They are called the everyday play earrings, and can be found online.

Violet

rainbowsunshine16 said...

I LOVE the picture at the end, with the flower!