Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Weekend at the farmhouse with Lei Mei

Mama was in a really good mood on Friday, so I decided to ask her if I could bring a friend with me to the farmhouse. Usually I don't get to invite a friend because my cousins are there, but I asked Mama if Lei Mei could come with us.

Lei Mei is one of my best friends and she lives only three houses from me! She is only seven years old. Even though I'm 11, I don't mind playing with Lei Mei, because she is really cute and funny. Lei Mei moved here from China only two years ago, so sometimes she helps me learn Chinese and I help her learn English.

Annnyyyyywwwwaayyy, Mama said it would be okay to bring her. Lei Mei's been to the farmhouse a few times before, and she LOVES it, just like me! We brought our dolls and played outside when the weather was good. We took lots of walks, explored a lot, and even enjoyed the lilacs that were in bloom. It was a very fun weekend.

Lei Mei and I climbed on top of the fence to play dolls for a little while. Nobody could get us, we were too high!
And then I showed her my secret fort that I showed Anna Lee last winter, remember?
Mama said we were looking so cute, she wanted a photo of us together. "Cheese!"
The next day we went on a walk to see the lilacs.
Soooo pretty!
And they come in purple! This bunch matches my outfit.

8 comments:

Avery Voisin said...

I'm glad you and Lei Mei had fun at the farmhouse! You both look so pretty, and those lilacs are beautiful.

~Avery~ (I'm a #25 too!)

Wendy said...

Oh, how fun! I wish we had somewhere like that around here. You do both look lovely!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Violet! I remember that fort! It looks a lot different with no snow in it. Say hi to Lei Mei for me!

Unknown said...

Sounds Awsome! What's funny is that you're both ag dolls and Lei Mei really DOES look younger than you! I hope you had a great time!

Abbey and Chloe said...

Lei Mei is a cutie!

Anonymous said...

You both look so pretty! I like your HP shirt and Lei Mei's dress. Is it Dollies Dressmaker?

Anastazia here in Fairwall is like you, she likes to hang out with the younger girls too. :)

~Sitara

P.S. I love the photography! Your mom is really good at it.

Anonymous said...

Aw! Lei Mei is so sweet. :)

Anonymous said...

Hello,Violet and Lei Mei! Can you tell me whare Lei Mei got her dress? I love Utuh,it is as pritty as North Carolina.