Friday, January 29, 2010

Winter Wonderland Camp!

Oh my gosh!!!! Camp was soooo fun! I love sleep-away camp, but I've never ever been to one in the winter!

The camp was up the mountains in this really neat lodge. When I got there I checked in and sat near the fire with the other girls my age. There were some really funny girls and I made lots of friends. Every night we had a HUGE hot dinner in the lodge near the windows. One night while Leah (my best friend from camp) and I were eating dinner we saw a porcupine out the window! How cool is that?!

Most days we woke up early, took a morning snowshoe adventure, play games and drink hot cocoa in the afternoons, and then take another afternoon snowshoe or sometimes a night snowshoe after dinner!

I took my new camera with me to camp, but didn't take a lot of photos. It seemed like I was having too much fun and always forgot.

On my birthday I was at camp and that night all the girls sung "happy birthday" to me and we even had a big cake. It was an ice cream cake. Who ever heard of having an ice cream cake in the winter? Anyway, it was soooo good!

Here are a few photos I took (and a few Leah took of me) -

Look! One thing we learned about at camp was animal tracking. We spotted moose tracks and rabbit tracks and lots of bird tracks! These are quail tracks, I think.
Most days were so sunny and warm! Didn't even need to wear gloves!
I tried to experiment with my new camera a little.
My main Christmas present - new snowshoes!
I love Winter Wonderland Camp!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice to see you back Violet! I'm so glad that you had fun at camp.

~Your #1 fan

Abbey and Chloe said...

What fun! I'm glad you had a fun birthday at camp. Winter camp seems like such fun. You took great pictures with your new camera, Violet!

Sophie Amélie said...

Oh wow, it looks like you had a blast at Winter Wonderland camp! And to celebrate your birthday there, too? I wouldn't know what that was like seeing as how my birthday is in August (when an ice cream cake would be especially good), but I bet that was fun! You always seem to have the best birthday parties - whether at home or away. ;)

Joyeux Anniversaire, Violet (en rétard)!

~Sophie

Kiki's Korner said...

We love snowshoes, too, but have never been to winter camp. Looks like fun!

Piper Nicole said...

Looks like fun, Violet! What beautiful scenery!
I'm glad to see you posting again. :-)