Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Back from the farmhouse, we had FUN!

Anna Lee is headed home soon, so I was so happy that she could join me at the farmhouse one more time. The weather was cold (but not as cold as last time) and the sky was blue. On Saturday we played Harry Potter UNO, colored in our coloring books and played outside. I wanted to show Anna Lee the barn down Gordon's Lane that is CREEPY!

On Sunday we went for a little drive and had fun looking for hawks and exploring the Spring City Cemetery. We found lots and lots of old graves. Some were really sad because they were kids, and some were from really old people. We hoped to see some bald eagles in the cemetery because they like to hang out there, but they were not there this time.

Anna Lee is excited to head back home because she has missed Katie and her sisters so much, but I'm going to really miss her here. I love having my Yosemite Sister so close by!

Isn't this hawk neat? Mama caught it on her camera right before it took off. She didn't realize she caught such a neat photo, she clicked the camera and the hawk was gone, she thought she'd missed him. She only realized later when she went back to look at the photos.
Here we are exploring the Spring City Cemetery. Notice the perfect blue sky! We saw this headstone and it looked really really old, and we were right! This person died in 1866.
Spring City Cemetery is one of the most pretty places near the farmhouse. We've gone there a lot of times in the summer but this was the first time in the winter. There were even a heard of deer that came and visited while we were there!

5 comments:

Avery Voisin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Avery Voisin said...

Hi Violet and Anna Lee! I'm glad you had fun!

Bald Eagles like to hang out around our cemetery too! I've seen a few! Weren't you scared to be in a cemetery? I like looking them from a distance, but to be right there would be scary!

-Avery www.avery-here.blogspot.com

P.S.
I removed my first comment because there were soooooooo many typos! LOL!

Haley Hotchkiss said...

So cool! I'm glad you and Anna Lee had fun! Although the thought of going to a cemetery kinda gives me the creeps (shhh, don't tell Harriet that, she doesn't know, LOLZ)

XOXO
Haley

Wendy said...

That is an awesome picture of that hawk! And I would be so weirded out in a cemetery. But at least you had each other, so it probably isn't as scary as going alone!

Anna Lee said...

That old cemetery looks really neat. And that hawk photo is awesome! Sounds like you had a fun weekend. :-)