Monday, August 20, 2007

We are home and I have a lot of photos to share

On Saturday Mama, Daddy and I arrived home from London. I had such a wonderful time on the trip, the more I travel, the more I want to.

The Queen Mary 2 was wonderful, I really liked exploring the ship, meeting other kids from around the world, and having tea in the afternoons.

England was also so fun, we went out to the English countryside where we explored the Cotswolds. We stayed in a thatched roof cottage right near a grave yard!

I have made an album with all my photos, here is is: QM2 and England Album Here are a few photos of my wonderful trip, I can't wait to hear what you think!

I loved looking out to sea, even when it was cloudy and foggy it was very beautiful.
My favorite thing on the ship was 'high tea' every day at 3:30. We got tea, scones, cakes and finger sandwiches.

Once we were in London I visited Big Ben (Big Ben is the clock, not the tower).

And we went to Lacock Abbey where the Harry Potter movies were filmed, it was just like seeing Hogwarts!
Here I am in Notton, a small Cotswolds town. Notice the honey colored stone. It is beautiful.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Wow Violet, it looks like you had a really great time. I think "high tea" would have been my favorite thing too. Everything just looks so yummy! You are very lucky that your mama and daddy take you on cool trips to Italy and England. I wish I could go too. Well, thanks so much for sharing your pictures. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi, Violet! I'm so glad to see you wore some purple in England - it's important to represent the Unicorns, especially abroad, don't you think? I'm calling a special club meeting today so we can all look at your photos. I want to dress up and go to high tea now...maybe I'll throw an elegant tea party sometime, if I can convince Elizabeth to help with the boring stuff like invitations and cooking. Welcome back to the USA!

Anonymous said...

Hi Violence!
Guess what! I am living in Queens, New York now. My room is finally getting set up. The library is only 2 blocks away- and it has an entire Russian section with movies and kids books too.

Your trip looks like so much fun.

Thank you SO much for the map. It has been really helpful.

Love,
Inky

Anonymous said...

hi violet!

your england trip looks as though it was wonderful!

Becky Rachel said...

Wow, Violet! You saw some GREAT places! Sadly, it rained most of the time during my visit so I really didn't get to see many things. I wish I could've seen Hogwarts! And the Cotswolds sound AMAZING...I just want to live in that little town.