Monday, June 30, 2008

FROGS!

I love frogs. And I love the cabin. And I love sleeping outdoors.

We went to the cabin last weekend and the meadow was full of frogs! They were so noisy and cute, I loved to catch them and look at them. I was always super careful though, and always put them back. Daddy said that I shouldn't move them, because they might miss their girlfriends. :)

You have to be very still and very quiet when you look for frogs.
This year the meadow was really really flooded. There were mini rivers and ponds everywhere which made lots and lots of good places for the frogs to hide. Today I'm writing a report on frogs.

When doing my research I found this-
Here is a list of some of the different ways people think frogs sound around the world!
Afrikaans: kwaak-kwaak
Arabic (Algeria): gar gar
Catalan: cru�-cru�
Chinese (Mandarin): guo guo
Dutch: kwak kwak
English (USA): ribbit
English (GB): croak
Finnish: kvak kvak
French: coa-coa
German: quaak, quaak
Hebrew: kwa kwa
Hungarian: bre-ke-ke
Italian: cra cra
Japanese: kerokero
Korean: gae-gool-gae-gool
Russian: kva-kva
Spanish (Spain): cru�-cru�
Spanish (Argentina): berp
Spanish (Peru): croac, croac
Swedish: kvack
Thai: ob ob (with high tone)
Turkish: vrak vrak
Ukrainian: kwa-kwa

Aren't they cute? They are really slimy and fast, but I finally caught one!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ква Ква! Those frogs are huge. Did you kiss any of the boy ones?

Anonymous said...

Inky!!! Gross!! I don't kiss boys or frogs. Duh!

Violet