Monday, December 1, 2008

Goodbye Inky

Inky just left. I feel very sad and lonely. She was my roommate for a month, and now it is quiet. At least it is December 1st, which means Christmas is right around the corner. Nobody can stay sad for long in December!!!!

Inky and I had a great time over the last week. Even though we new she was leaving today, we didn't let that stop us from having a blast.

On Thursday (Thanksgiving) while we were getting ready for the feast, I noticed Inky was sad and quiet. I asked her why and she looked at me and said that Thanksgiving is not a time in her family to "give thanks" because it celebrates the time when white people came to the new world and took the land away from the Native Americans. And also when they brought disease and most Native Americans died. We talked a lot, and afterwards had a little feast to celebrate that Colette survived.
Then on Saturday we went to the farmhouse again. We explored all around and took a Utah Architecture tour with Mama (she is crazy about this stuff). I had so much fun with Inky, I'll miss her!
Daddy noticed I was feeling bummed out about Inky leaving, so tonight he said we could set up the Christmas tree, he said he's sure that will lift my spirits!

3 comments:

Emily said...

That was a really sweet! Ruthie (my doll) had the best Thanksgiving ever!
I love your blog!LOL!

Anonymous said...

Violet really looks sad about what Inky is telling her... And I see she has her Kaya with her. My doll wants Kaya for Hanukkah.

Emily said...

How did you get those little stuffed animals for your dolls?Love your blog!